Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Omaha gold

I claimed a while back to have renounced my pursuit of the golden ratio, but I have to admit that just isn't true. The golden ratio is such an easy statistic to check, and has never ceased being a worthwhile goal. I got a bit frustrated when going through that extended period of poker doldrums after my stack dropped below the play million mark, and lashed out at any near and convenient poker target. It would be so sweet to achieve the golden ratio again, and even more meaningful than the last time. It's like the difference between hitting .350 for a single baseball season and hitting .350 for a lifetime average; the longer your career, the harder the average is to maintain, and the more meaningful it is.

I'm very happy to report that in Omaha, I recently hit the golden ratio; I've now played 22 Omaha sessions, losing 7 and winning 15.

Last night, I had quad sevens on my very first hand, and value bet it skillfully (if I do say so myself) to win a pot worth $2,825. When I won two of the next four hands, I knew it was time to hang it up for the night. I used a final hand to bow out, as is my custom.

During current Omaha session you were dealt 6 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 1 times while in big blind (100%)
- 0 out of 1 times while in small blind (0%)
- 3 out of 4 times in other positions (75%)
- a total of 4 out of 6 (66%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $3,260
balance: $1,036,930

No comments:

Post a Comment