Friday, January 8, 2010

Three full houses at showdown

I wasn't able to play poker the last two nights due to having to work extra time at my job, at night from home. So I was in poker withdrawal and raring to go tonight! Wouldn't you know it, I happened to pick another table where there was possible collusion. Some of the players started chatting, and it turned out two were from the same place and owned a business together (and were likely significant others). They didn't bother keeping this a secret. Not only that, they were separated by several seats, and both had the biggest stacks at the table. I left immediately, without leaving a comment.

At my next table, I fell in love with a suited big slick (ace and king of spades), and bet it too big. I lost a bundle on that hand ($520). My final hand of the session, I was short stacked ($475), but flopped trip 9s. The turn gave me a full house, nines full of tens. The problem was, I was drawing dead at that point; two other players had a better full house, tens full of nines. I thought they were bluffing, felt I was pot committed, and went all in. C'est la guerre.

Since it's Friday night, and I'm feeling sharp (albeit snake-bitten), I'm gonna go another round. What are rules, self-imposed or otherwise, if you can't break them sometimes? :-)

delta: -$2,000
balance: $267,327

No comments:

Post a Comment