Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lady luck

What a dream opening hand! I was dealt 8 4 offsuit, and the flop came 8 4 and some other low card I forget. A hidden two pair right off the bat -- my favorite love/hate hand! There were two other betters, one betting big, and I raised him. The turn card was a 4, giving me a full house. I ended up going all in, and won a huge pot -- $5,600 and change. The only way to do that with a starting stack of $2,000 is to go all in and have more than one other player believe very strongly in his/her hand.

I knew I was going to end my night right there. For luck, I stayed around to see one more flop, then folded after I saw it. I was so excited, I forgot to cut and paste the hand for posterity before leaving the table. But I'll remember it just fine!

delta: $3,610
balance: $275,906

No comments:

Post a Comment