Saturday, January 23, 2010

Confidence

I'm feeling invincible right now. Of course, that's not realistic, but damn, it feels so right. Confidence is a funny thing; if you don't have enough of it, you're screwed. If you have too much of it, you're also screwed. But if you have just the right amount of it, it can take you "to the moon, Alice!", and even beyond.

The way I feel right now, I don't think I'll ever have another losing session. That's truly a wonderful feeling, however misguided!

The lovers of poker form a community, even if most of us never meet each other. I'm proud to be a member of this community. Phil Laak loves poker so much, he taught his girlfriend Jennifer Tilly what he knows, and now she's a world class player in her own right. Phil claims that no one loves poker more than he does, and I absolutely believe him. The reason I believe him is the simple fact that no one loves poker more than I do, either. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing! My love can't trump his, but by the same token, his love can't trump mine.

I'm at the point where it's getting increasingly harder for me to remember my winning hands. I hope this is a good thing! I hope it means I'm automatically making the right decisions, the way we do so much automatically without having to think about it. For example, we don't have to think about breathing -- we just do it. Of course, for my own edification, I do save the history of the hands I win, and also the history of my memorable losses. So I could tell you, not from the evidence of my own synapses, but from the evidence of the files I saved during the course of play, what my winning hands were. However, I'll limit myself to my final winning hand, so as not to try your patience. I had a full house, sevens full of kings, beating a full house, sevens full of eights. That pot was worth $3,440.

delta: $1,400
balance: $271,241

No comments:

Post a Comment