Friday, January 8, 2010

Bludgeoned

What can I tell you, I was bludgeoned, battered, and beaten to a bloody pulp in my second session of the night. Why couldn't I follow my own simple rules? The only bright spot was that the first table I joined was playing so aggressively I got sick of it and left while I was up $570. Since the max starting amount at the $5/$10 tables is $2,000, that meant the max I could lose in my second session was $2,000 - $570, or $1,430.

I've been collecting a series of poker phrases. Here are some from tonight:

"What defense is there against deep-pocketed stooges?" (mostly rhetorical)

"Crippled!" (I use this when I've lost a big hand, and my chip stack is on life support)

"Up on Cripple Creek" (a variant on the previous phrase, with acknowledgements to The Band)

"Bludgeoned, battered, and beaten!" (I use this one when I don't have a pair and one card of the flop beats one of my cards, and one of the other flop cards beats my other card; there's really no need to stay in such a hand unless you're truly a glutton for punishment)

"I'm sensing that I'm beaten" (I had this good sense a couple of times tonight, but clearly not enough times)

Despite my losses, I love this game more than ever! I'm infatuated with it.

delta: -$1,430
balance: $265,897

No comments:

Post a Comment