Thursday, January 14, 2010

Solidly mired in my second slump

I played for about 2 hours tonight, and stayed on an even keel for more than the first hour. Then I hit a bad patch, and couldn't recover from it. I think I need to add another self-imposed rule -- if I've played for over an hour, and have more money than when I started (even if it's only $100), it's time to quit.

I had some heartbreaking hands toward the end of my session. One of them, my two pair of aces and kings lost out to three kings. I really have to stop believing in two pairs; I'm sure that's the hand I've lost the most money on in my career. My last hand, I was dealt two queens and flopped a set. At that time, I was severely short-stacked, so I was all in pretty quickly. I lost out to a spade flush; four of the five community cards were spades, including the river card. Sometimes you just can't win for losing!

delta: -$2,000
balance: $261,897

No comments:

Post a Comment