Thursday, December 31, 2009

Patience is a virtue

I was patient tonight, and was eventually rewarded with a modest plus side gain. Playing on New Year's Eve, I had the feeling that a lot of my opponents had had a bit too much to drink; unfortunately, that didn't exactly work in my favor. The thing about alcohol is, it reduces inhibitions, which is a great thing for poker players (up to a point). People were betting like there was no tomorrow. To protect my stack, I had to basically be a folding machine most of the night. I hovered around the $1,200 mark for much of the time. I finally got on the plus side of the ledger again with a straight, and ended the night right there. After roughly 50 hands, I knew I wasn't going to do any better.

delta: $404
balance: $264,322

No comments:

Post a Comment