Friday, December 25, 2009

trips twice

Another lucky night; short and sweet. About ten total hands, and I had trip aces on my first and last hands. Very easy to play! A nice Christmas present. The first hand I won without a showdown; the last hand, I beat two pair, aces and fives.

What one has to guard against most sedulously is a feeling of invincibility. I have that feeling now, but had the good sense to end my night after more than doubling my money.

You have to realize that you'll have both ups and downs in poker, and be completely ready to accept (if not embrace) both. If you can actually embrace the times when you lose as an inevitable part of your poker life, you'll not only be at peace with your poker self, but you'll stand a much better chance of maintaining the mental equilibrium essential to success. You can't afford to be stupid, but you also can't afford to be afraid. When all else is stripped away, what remains is your elemental poker radar, and you must believe what it's telling you, whether or not you know why it's telling you what it's telling you.

delta: $2,384
balance: $268,279

No comments:

Post a Comment