Saturday, December 19, 2009

Not quite that simple ...

Tonight, I ran across someone who was writing comments all in caps. When I questioned the player about this, he/she immediately downgraded to lower case, and never went back to caps again while I was at the table. Such is the power of suggestion!

This same player claimed that poker was actually a simple game, as easy as ABC. When I countered that the game had much more subtlety than that, the player just wouldn't be persuaded. I eventually was able to make my point by taking a large pot from this player, by virtue of a better kicker (an ace, the best of all possible kickers).

Since I'd more than doubled my starting stake of $2,000, you know me well enough to know by now that I ended my night forthwith. You can't amass a million dollars in play money by failing to consolidate your winnings when you have the chance!

delta: $2,150
balance: $261,789

No comments:

Post a Comment