Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Impatience and patience both rewarded

It seemed I couldn't buy a hand for the first hour of my session tonight. I was seeing every flop, just not hitting any. To make matters worse, there was a player at my table who was getting a time warning practically every time it was his turn to act. I finally got sick of the delays, and left the table. I made sure to note the current value of my stack before I left, though, so I could start with that amount at the next table. I did that to ensure that my maximum loss for the night would be the initial amount I'd put at risk -- $2,000. Here endeth the "impatience" part of this post.

Now for the "patience" part. I'd only won one hand in about the first thirty, but on the hands I lost at showdown, I'd only gone to showdown when people had checked to get there. So although my winning percentage was pitiful, I was only down about $1,000. Then in the space of under 10 minutes I had 3 premium hands, and won them all. The biggest was the second one -- my eights full of fives beat fives full of fours. I'd been dealt a pair of eights on that one, and won a monster pot of $3,950. If I'd followed my "stop gain" philosophy to the letter, I'd have ended my night right then, but decided to play a couple more hands, and was rewarded with another nice pot of $1,980.

delta: $2,980
balance: $264,769

No comments:

Post a Comment