Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A kicker in my favor

I haven't kept a record of hands I've lost or won by a kicker, but I'm pretty sure I've lost more of them than I've won. The lesson to be learned from that is that you shouldn't fall in love with a high pair, or even high trips, when your kicker is shit. I realize this goes counter to my advice of seeing the flop as much as you can. Why see the flop with a high card and a shit kicker, when you might get outkicked? It just goes to show you, there are only rules of thumb in poker, no hard-and-fast rules.

Tonight my session ender was a monster. I was dealt a jack and a king, and the flop was jack jack some other card I don't remember. I slow played it at first, but found a bettor and kept reraising him. Turns out, he had the fourth jack, but a shit kicker (a 5). Luckily for me, no 5 came on the turn or the river.

delta: $2,320
balance: $255,729

No comments:

Post a Comment