Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Revenge is sweet

Sometimes you run up against someone who you just can't seem to beat. That happened to me tonight. I lost three hands in a short period of time to the same player, when I had great hands myself. First, my straight lost to his flush. A couple of hands later, my jack high heart flush lost to his queen high heart flush. What really hurt about that one was that we were both dealt two hearts; the odds against that were pretty strong. The very next hand, I had another flush which lost to his better one.

I almost ate felt shortly after that, but managed to survive by winning some side pots. And then I was finally able to beat my nemesis -- my two pair of kings and deuces beat his two pair of kings and deuces since I had a better kicker. That felt sweet!

There was one aggressive player who kept losing all his chips and immediately replenishing them. He finally gave up after going down for the third or fourth time. I was glad to see him go, because you never know when such players actually have a good hand (since they pretty much bet with anything, even rags).

My night ended with a monster -- I made a straight on the turn, and went all in on the river. I didn't have any takers at that point, but had built up the pot up to a nice amount by then.

delta: $3,235
balance: $263,639

No comments:

Post a Comment