Sunday, September 22, 2013

The long way home

A long time ago, I read a science fiction novel called "The Long Way Home", by Poul Anderson. I remember that on the cover, above the title, was the lead-in "It got you there in no time at all ... but still it was ...". Since the heroes were on a space ship, on which time moves more slowly than on earth, by the time they returned to earth after their mission was over, everyone they'd known had died in the interim.

In poker, when I'm deep in the hole, the difficulty of bringing my stack back into the black, contrasted with the ease with which I got into the red, reminds me of this title. A paraphrase of the lead-in might be, "You can lose money in no time at all, but when you try to recoup your losses, you'll often discover you're taking ..." :-)

Last night, I was in the red at the start of hand 23, and it took 81 hands to get back into the black.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 149 hands and saw flop:
 - 14 out of 18 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 12 out of 20 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 57 out of 111 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 83 out of 149 (55%)
 Pots won at showdown - 12 of 23 (52%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $799
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,006,237
balance: $7,363,190

No comments:

Post a Comment