Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quads over house over house

Play enough poker, and you'll see some crazy things happen at a poker table. Freaky things. Entertaining things. Some of the most entertaining hands I've ever seen had nothing to do with me; I was just an interested onlooker. That was certainly the case last night on hand 150. I folded before the flop, but stuck around to watch; I was dumbfounded when three premium hands were shown down. My impression at the time was that I'd just witnessed a set over set over set, but reviewing the hand today, I discovered it was even more impressive than that. It was a quads over house over house. To add to the strangeness, there were two pots, a side pot and a main pot, and they went to different players. The quads won the main pot, and the better full house won the side pot. To top off the strangeness, the better full house basically broke even on the hand - he spent $19,000, and the side pot was worth $18,756. You just can't make this stuff up.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 187 hands and saw flop:
 - 33 out of 42 times while in big blind (78%)
 - 33 out of 45 times while in small blind (73%)
 - 71 out of 100 times in other positions (71%)
 - a total of 137 out of 187 (73%)
 Pots won at showdown - 24 of 44 (54%)
 Pots won without showdown - 17

delta: $-10,568
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,998,251
balance: $7,355,204

No comments:

Post a Comment