Monday, September 16, 2013

Pokereading

Lately, I've been perfecting the art of pokereading. That is, playing poker and reading a novel at the same time. It's actually super relaxing; I'm doing two of my favorite things at once! I have the Kindle PC app on my computer, and it automatically synchs up with Amazon so I can read any book in my Kindle library. I probably read about 2/3 of "Ender's Game" this way, and am now about halfway through "The Cuckoo's Calling", 100% via pokereading.

I owe a debt of gratitude to the designers of the PokerStars client for this ability; the software is smart enough to thrust itself to the foreground whenever it's time for me to make a poker decision. I never have to worry that I'll miss a time control and be sat out automatically. The only improvement I could suggest would be to make the software smart enough to put itself back in the background once I've made my poker decision, so I could continue reading without any additional clicks.

Last night, I hit the felt twice. I never made it back into the black, but recovered some of my lost chips after reupping for the second time.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 216 hands and saw flop:
 - 24 out of 30 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 18 out of 29 times while in small blind (62%)
 - 93 out of 157 times in other positions (59%)
 - a total of 135 out of 216 (62%)
 Pots won at showdown - 18 of 34 (52%)
 Pots won without showdown - 12

delta: $-28,116
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,036,924
balance: $7,393,877

No comments:

Post a Comment