Friday, September 27, 2013

Sine wave hands

When you're looking at your career hand statistics, it quickly becomes clear that there are three types of hands - the ones you predominantly win with, the ones you predominantly lose with, and the ones that oscillate between winning for you and losing for you. It's a good idea to stay away from the hands you predominantly lose with,  if you can. That's not as easy as it sounds. My career worst hand is AJo (ace jack offsuit); I've lost a whopping $364,228 with it. However, I'm always glad to see it looking back up at me. I call the hands that can't make up their mind whether they want to help me or hurt me sine wave hands. You want to be careful with sine wave hands, but you shouldn't stay away from them; they can make you a ton of money. One of my favorite sine wave hands is pocket threes. Right now, I'm in the hole with this hand career-wise to the tune of $-50,897, but it was worse than that before hand 26 of last night's session. On that hand, I was dealt pocket threes, hit a set on the flop, hit a full house of threes full of kings on the river, and won a pot worth $36,900.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 28 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 4 times while in big blind (50%)
 - 1 out of 3 times while in small blind (33%)
 - 15 out of 21 times in other positions (71%)
 - a total of 18 out of 28 (64%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 6 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $31,378
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,029,629
balance: $7,386,582

No comments:

Post a Comment