Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Stealth's nemesis

I was underwater for much of last night's session; 84% of the time, to be precise. The hand which brought me back above sea level for good was a real cooler for my opponent. He had been dealt a stealth two pair, but was undone by stealth's nemesis. What's that? Simply put, superior stealth. Had I been dealt his hand, I very likely would have played it the same way he did, with the same gut-wrenching result. He was dealt 8h 6c, and I was dealt 2s 2h. The flop came 6s 2c 8s, giving him top two pair, and me a set of deuces. He went all in, I called, and the turn and river cards came Js and Ac. My set won a pot worth $50,220. This hand illustrates just how dangerous a stealth two pair can be to play. I love stealth two pairs, though, and will never stop playing them :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 90 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 13 times while in big blind (38%)
 - 6 out of 12 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 30 out of 65 times in other positions (46%)
 - a total of 41 out of 90 (45%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 13 (46%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $16,373
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,127,032
balance: $7,576,440

No comments:

Post a Comment