Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fully matured hand stats

Poker playing is like gardening. It's necessary to tend carefully to your hands in order for them to mature. You must nip some hands in the bud in order for others to thrive. Every time you're dealt a new hand, by definition it's incomplete and immature. You have only two cards, and you need five. Not only that, you need the best five you can find in the total of seven you might end up seeing.

The longer I play poker, the more data I collect, and the more tools I create to help me make sense of that data. Today I wrote some tools to collect statistics on fully matured hands. What do I mean by a fully matured hand? It must satisfy the following two criteria:

1. I saw the full complement of 5 community cards (aka the board)
2. I didn't fold

There are 4 possible outcomes for a fully matured hand:

1. I lost at showdown
2. I split the pot at showdown
3. I won the pot at showdown
4. I won the pot without a showdown

Here are the stats I calculated today:

      5,158  number of fully matured cash game no limit hold'em hands I've played since turning on auto-save
      3,209  number of winning hands
      1,949  number of losing hands
$22,445,892  amount won with winning hands
$ 9,559,514  amount lost with losing hands
$12,886,378  net amount won

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 74 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 4 out of 11 times while in small blind (36%)
 - 26 out of 54 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 37 out of 74 (50%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 5 (80%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $5,452
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,189,958
balance: $7,639,366

No comments:

Post a Comment