Thursday, May 23, 2013

If I had a hammer

Having the dealer button is a huge advantage. It's so huge, you should virtually always pay the minimum bet (a big blind) to see the flop, which you'll have the opportunity to do if everyone else either folds or limps in. Sometimes, you can hit some really big hands on the flop with really crappy hole cards. I love it when I get dealt a hammer (deuce seven offsuit) and have the dealer button; I will always pay the minimum in that situation. If I pair both hole cards on the flop, the strength of my hand is even more hidden than it would be with a normal stealth two pair. Practically the only bright spot of last night's session was when this exact stealth scenario came up for me. On hand 141, I was dealt a hammer. The flop came Qh 7s 2h, and a player who acted before me went all in with his last $4,800. I called, and ended up winning a pot worth $10,505 with a full house, sevens full of deuces.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 189 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 24 times while in big blind (62%)
 - 13 out of 26 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 62 out of 139 times in other positions (44%)
 - a total of 90 out of 189 (47%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 22 (27%)
 Pots won without showdown - 13

delta: $-80,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,043,870
balance: $7,493,278

No comments:

Post a Comment