Monday, May 13, 2013

A queen and a baby

I very rarely pay to see the flop when one of my hole cards is a two or a three. There are only three situations where this will happen:

1. I was dealt two twos
2. I was dealt two threes
3. I'm sitting in the big blind, and no one raised in the first betting round

Last night, on hand 2, situation 3 arose. I was dealt Qh 3d, and the flop came Qd 8s 3c. After calling a reraise to $3,600 on the flop, and seeing a turn card of 5s, I decided to go all in when an opponent bet $7,200 on the turn. I knew that would chase away any draws, and knew in my heart that I had the best hand. I got one caller, and raked in a pot worth $87,900 with my stealth two pair after the river card of Ah; my opponent only had a pair of queens with a jack kicker. I had no difficulty calling it a night forthwith.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 3 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 1 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 0 out of 1 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 1 out of 1 times in other positions (100%)
 - a total of 2 out of 3 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $47,800
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,110,659
balance: $7,560,067

UPDATE: I realized after writing this that there is actually a fourth situation where I'll pay to see the flop when one of my hole cards is a two or a three:

4. the other card is at least a queen, and of the same suit

No comments:

Post a Comment