Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Three on a match

Last night's session was very short, and not at all sweet. I hit the felt on hand 14, when I made a bad decision. I'd flopped top and bottom pair. A player acting before me went virtually all-in (he only left himself $137 behind). To call, I'd have to put myself all in. If it had immediately been my turn to act, a call here would certainly have been defensible; however, another player acted before me, and he called the first player's $37,800 bet. Loud klaxons should have gone off in my head at this point; you really need to have the nuts to call in this situation, since you have to beat not one but two players. The old superstition about three on a match has its poker analogue; you really don't want to be the third one going in to a huge pot. A fold would have been the correct play here. However, I called. As it turned out, I was a 72% favorite after the flop, but the first player, who'd flopped middle and bottom pair, hit a full house on the turn, and that was all she wrote.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 14 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 2 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 2 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 4 out of 10 times in other positions (40%)
 - a total of 8 out of 14 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 0 of 2 (0%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $-40,000
balance: $6,252,387

No comments:

Post a Comment