Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ridonkuluck

Last night's first tournament inspired another neo neo (neostreet neologism). Ridonkuluck is when someone you suspect of being a donkey is the beneficiary of a ridiculous amount of luck. On the final hand of the tournament, I was dealt a pair of fives, and called an all in preflop raise to go all in myself. I made a set on the turn, but hit the felt when my opponent made a flush on the river. He'd been dealt a pair of fours. I had an 84% chance of winning after the flop, and an 82% chance of winning after the turn. Getting beaten by an 18% underdog by itself isn't enough to say my opponent benefited from ridonkuluck; what is enough is the fact that it was the second hand in a row where he made a flush after being dealt a pair. For that to happen, four of the five board cards have to match suit with each other, and with one of his hole cards, two hands in a row. Ridonkulous! :-)

It didn't sit right with me to quit after being eighteened, so I played one more tournament.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 50000       800           6        30     3        0
 50000       800           6        96     1   195000


delta: $93,400
tournament balance: $1,665,690
balance: $6,796,421

No comments:

Post a Comment