Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Donkey credentials

Showdowns are very revealing. Not only can they show you how good an opponent is, they can also show you how bad he is. Last night, on hand 7, a showdown revealed to me just how bad two of my opponents were; they had full donkey credentials. Donkey number one, who was dealt ace three offsuit, went all in pre-flop with them. Donkey number two, who was dealt queen deuce offsuit, called. Donkey number one ended up winning with his ace high. Four hands later, I was dealt a big slick, and donkey number one went all in again. Donkey number two again called. I couldn't resist calling. As it turned out, this time, donkey number two actually had a hand; he had pocket queens. He hit a set on the flop, and bet a mere $2,000. I called, and paired my king on the turn. This time, he bet $6,800 and I raised him to $13,600; he called. I raised because I couldn't credit him for anything better than a pair of queens. He went all in for his remaining $3,336 on the river, and I called. My stack got crippled; I lost $38,900 on the hand, and hit the felt two hands later. I don't feel bad, though; I think I made the correct play, with the knowledge I had at the time.

Once again, I played a SkillBet match after my PokerStars session; I finally won another one.

delta: $-40,000
balance: $6,256,000

No comments:

Post a Comment