Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My oldest poker weakness

Last night, on the final hand of the night, I fell prey to my oldest poker weakness once again. That weakness, of course, is overvaluing a stealth two pair. The question is, am I ever going to be able to correct this weakness? To be honest, I don't think so. As Hercule Poirot might say, it's not in my character to correct it. Or to be more precise, it's in my character to have it. Without it, I wouldn't be the poker player that I am. It's an integral part of my poker personality. Who knows what would happen, if, like the husband in Hawthorne's "The Birthmark", I tried to eradicate the flaw? When it was gone, what would become of the rest of my game? I firmly believe it's best for me to keep it, strange as that might seem.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 80000      1000           6        47     3        0
 80000      1000           6        17     5        0


delta: $-162,000
tournament balance: $1,891,090
balance: $7,021,821

No comments:

Post a Comment