Thursday, November 29, 2012

An unintended SkillBet lesson

Last night, I again played a match of SkillBet after a short PokerStars session. In the session, I won a nice pot on hand 8 and decided to call it a night two hands later. I was amazed that my opponent stayed in the hand to the end, seeing that he'd been dealt a pair of kings and an ace showed up in the flop. I'd been dealt a suited ace jack, and my aces held up.

The unintended SkillBet lesson came about due to the fact that their software doesn't bring their window up to top when an action is required by the user; I'd joined a table, and was web surfing while waiting for an opponent to join. When I eventually decided to look back at the table, I discovered that an opponent had joined some time before, and SkillBet had been auto-folding every hand for me; over ten hands of the thirty had already gone by. The interesting thing was that I wasn't that far behind; the poker lesson is that very often, nothing is the right thing to do :-) I ended up winning the match by playing more conservatively than my opponent.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 10 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 1 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 1 out of 1 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 5 out of 8 times in other positions (62%)
 - a total of 7 out of 10 (70%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 2 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $8,069
balance: $6,297,591

No comments:

Post a Comment