Saturday, November 24, 2012

Near miss

Last night, there was one particularly aggressive player at the table. He was going all in way too often. It was clear that if he continued to do it, he'd flame out quickly. When I was dealt pocket queens and he went all in again, I called. He turned over king nine suited. I was a 68% favorite before the flop, an 86% favorite after the flop, and an 84% favorite after the turn; unfortunately, the board provided a straight, so it was a chop. If I'd won that hand, I would have gained over $26,000 in chips, and would have called it a night right away. I had to settle for a much smaller gain, but stayed true to my new philosophy; I called it a night when a $12,808 pot put me back in the black after 17 hands in the red.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 77 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 11 times while in big blind (63%)
 - 6 out of 12 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 13 out of 54 times in other positions (24%)
 - a total of 26 out of 77 (33%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 9 (55%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $2,559
balance: $6,249,096

No comments:

Post a Comment