Saturday, February 15, 2014

The fellowship of the felt

Last night, I sought out another 8-game tournament. Again, I played a no limit hold'em tournament while waiting for the 8-game to fill up. Again, I was at a crucial point in the hold'em tournament when the 8-game started, and had to divide my attention between the two. This time, I bubbled the hold'em instead of making the money. After an even lengthier 8-game tournament than my first one, I ended up making the money again, although this time I came in second instead of first. The winner, who was from Spain, was very complimentary of how well I'd played, and called me "my friend". This was a great example of the fellowship of the felt :-) Those of us who love poker can recognize this love in others, and it's a great feeling. We speak the same language, dream the same dreams, and have the utmost respect for one another.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6        40     3        0
 45000      5000           6       186     2    94500


delta: $-5,500
tournament balance: $1,819,090
balance: $8,701,789

No comments:

Post a Comment