Friday, February 21, 2014

The dangerous flavors

Even though my experience in 8 game sit and gos is still in its infancy, I already know which of the flavors are the dangerous ones for me. In a landslide, those flavors are Omaha (either Hi/Lo Limit or Pot Limit) and deuce. As a reminder, deuce is my nickname for deuce to the seven triple draw lowball. Why are these flavors so dangerous? The answer is simple. More often than not, you won't make your hand until the very last moment. That means you have to be willing to pay whatever the other players are charging you to get there. These flavors have the most risk associated with them, and also the highest rewards. The safest of the eight flavors, somewhat counterintuitively, is no limit hold'em. I sometimes find myself thirsting for this flavor when the other flavors are beating me down. It's no secret that it's my best flavor by far.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6       148     2    94500
 45000      5000           6        27     5        0


delta: $-5,500
tournament balance: $1,922,590
balance: $8,805,289

No comments:

Post a Comment