Thursday, February 27, 2014

A hole in my game

By any measure, I've done extraordinarily well in 8-game tournaments so far. My haul to date is $644,500, in just 16 tournaments. However, that doesn't mean I can't find holes in my game which I should take pains to fill. A glaring one hit me last night. I didn't notice right away when the game changed from Razz Limit to 7 Card Stud Limit near the end of the tournament, when I was heads up. That can be a fatal mistake, and nearly was in this case. Since razz is a low only game, and 7 card stud is high only, if you don't notice that the game has changed, you'll bet heavily on the very worst 7 card stud hands, and can easily end up losing tons of money for no earthly reason. Once I realized what an idiot I'd been, I tried to batten down the hatches, but it wasn't meant to be. My consolation was that I made the mistake when I was heads up, so I still finished in the money.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6       145     2    94500


delta: $44,500
tournament balance: $2,338,090
balance: $9,220,789

No comments:

Post a Comment