Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My latest magic poker number

I've always liked coming up with magic poker numbers. What do I mean by a magic poker number? It's a threshold of some kind which guarantees you poker success if you can achieve it. The first magic poker number I came up with was the golden ratio. I figured out early on that if I could achieve twice as many winning sessions as losing ones, I was in the clover. My latest magic poker number is what I'm calling the golden 6-max sit and go duration. It's the minimum number of hands you must play at a 6-max sit and go table in order to be guaranteed of making the money. Pulling a number out of a hat, I came up with 90. Checking the history, of the 34 times I've played at least 90 hands, I've only missed the money three times.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6        98     2    94500


delta: $44,500
tournament balance: $1,763,590
balance: $8,646,289

No comments:

Post a Comment