Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The high stakes paradox

I've never played with a bigger starting stack than I'm playing with now. When I started recording my sessions, my bankroll wasn't big enough to cover the $100,000 I'm putting up these days. The really odd thing is, the more money I put up, the easier it is to win. I ran into some really tough opponents back in the days when I was only putting up $2,000. When I eventually moved up to tables with a maximum starting stack of $40,000, I noticed immediately that the quality of my opponents decreased. I noticed the same thing when I switched from pot limit to no limit. So far, I'm noticing the same thing since I moved up to tables with a maximum starting stack of $100,000. This is a gambler's dream scenario - less risk for more reward! I predict I'll be moving up to even higher stakes some day, but for now I feel I'm in a sweet spot.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 29 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 5 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 9 out of 19 times in other positions (47%)
 - a total of 17 out of 29 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 6 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $44,324
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,099,818
balance: $7,549,226

No comments:

Post a Comment