Saturday, June 15, 2013

Breathing room

I figured out one of the reasons why I did so poorly at the $500/$1,000 tables. I'm used to playing at tables where the maximum starting stack is 200 times the size of the big blind; at the $500/$1,000 tables, the maximum starting stack is only 100 times the size of the big blind. It's like starting off in a hole, and not even knowing it. Those extra big blinds make a huge difference; they give you breathing room. Since I aim to see only half the flops when I start with 200 big blinds, I should probably aim to see only a quarter of the flops when I start with only 100 big blinds. I didn't factor this into my thinking. The next time I try to move up to the higher stakes, I need to remember to play a lot tighter.

Last night, I played well except for one hand. I was on a flush draw, and somehow missed the fact that the board showed two pair on the turn. I made my flush on the river, and stupidly called a big river bet by an opponent who'd made his full house the street before. That bad call crippled my stack, and I hit the felt soon after. After reupping, my patience was finally rewarded when I won a pot worth $36,268 on hand 121 and a pot worth $54,284 on hand 122.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 123 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 13 times while in big blind (84%)
 - 8 out of 17 times while in small blind (47%)
 - 50 out of 93 times in other positions (53%)
 - a total of 69 out of 123 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 15 (33%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $-2,377
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,680,598
balance: $7,130,006

No comments:

Post a Comment