Friday, June 21, 2013

T2o for the win

As you know, I love poker statistics. I'm always writing tools to calculate new ones. Today, I wrote a tool to figure out which hand has given me the best return on investment. I figured pocket aces would be a shoo-in, but it only made it to number seven on the list. Surprisingly, the hand that made it to the top of this list is a complete rag hand - ten deuce offsuit, or T2o for short. I've been dealt this hand 274 times, spent $62,197 on it, and collected $123,902 with it, for a very healthy 99.21% return on investment. My return on investment for pocket rockets is a comparatively anemic 62.68%. I need to write some more tools to discover how T2o could have fared so well. My guess is that the only times I ever spent significant money on this hand were when I was in the big blind, no one raised before the flop (meaning I got to see the flop without having to make a decision about it), and flopped two pair or a full house.

Last night, I made up for the losses of the night before by having two separate runs of luck.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 44 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 5 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 3 out of 6 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 22 out of 33 times in other positions (66%)
 - a total of 29 out of 44 (65%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 6 (83%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $29,023
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,760,460
balance: $7,209,868

No comments:

Post a Comment