Sunday, June 2, 2013

Short stuff

Last night, I had my shortest session in almost 3 weeks - a mere 23 hands. Not surprisingly, it was a winning one. That got me curious about how I've fared in my career in sessions of 25 hands or less. As it turns out, extremely well. In 70 cash game no limit hold'em sessions of this length, fully 66 of them were winning ones. It's tempting to jump to a conclusion, and correlate short sessions with success. If such a correlation were truly valid, then one could guarantee success by only playing short sessions! Of course, it's not nearly as simple as that. The sessions were short because they were successful, not the other way around. Despite acknowledging the lack of correlation between short sessions and success, I still think it would be a good idea for me to go on another poker diet. I'm going to aim to cut sessions off at the 25 hand mark for the foreseeable future.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 23 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 4 times while in big blind (25%)
 - 2 out of 4 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 11 out of 15 times in other positions (73%)
 - a total of 14 out of 23 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 4 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $10,359
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,865,713
balance: $7,315,121

No comments:

Post a Comment