Friday, November 12, 2010

Turning a deaf ear

Last night, two disastrous hands did me in. The first one took me down to the felt at the first table I joined; the second one nearly did so at the next table. In both cases, I turned a deaf ear to what the betting patterns of my opponents were trying to tell me. The only excuse I can make is that in both cases, I had strong hands. The thing is, that's only a good excuse for a mediocre player; for someone who aspires to be great, it's no excuse at all. I hereby retract it, since I definitely aspire to greatness!

It's ironic that this reversal came on the very night I wrote a blog post explaining my concept of the yin and yang of the probable and the improbable. If I'd been able to follow my own advice, the massive loss might not have occurred.

delta: $-76,350
balance: $897,570

No comments:

Post a Comment