Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Patience

Last night, I had good patience. I hung around, folding when I should fold, winning hands I should win, and never dropped significantly below the amount of my starting stack. My patience was rewarded when I flopped a set of tens; I extracted maximum value from the hand, winning a pot worth $60,600. Since that doubled up my initial stack, it was easy to call it a night at that point.

The thing about patience is that it's the simplest concept in the world to state, but often quite difficult to put into practice. You can pay all the lip service to patience you want, but that won't make you a more patient player. It's a tautology, I know, but the only way you can be a more patient player is by being a more patient player :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 33 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 5 times while in big blind (80%)
- 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
- 14 out of 23 times in other positions (60%)
- a total of 21 out of 33 (63%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

I hit two sweet spots in the session:

1. the number of hands is close to 35, my current nomination for best session length

2. the seeing the flop percentage is close to 60%, my current nomination for best seeing the flop percentage

delta: $41,600
balance: $887,049

No comments:

Post a Comment