Friday, November 5, 2010

One Hand to rule them all

Though I've read J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" twice, and immensely enjoyed it both times, for some reason I've never read "The Lord of the Rings". I started the first book of the trilogy once, only got a couple of chapters in, abandoned it, and never tried again. Evidently I got far enough in, however, to have encountered Gandalf's poem about the rings; the first line is seared in my memory:

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky

I just used Wikipedia to refresh my memory on the concluding lines:

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, what immediately came to mind was the phrase "One Hand to rule them all". I miniporpoised for most of the session until a hand where I won a pot worth just over $46K. That was roughly four times the size of my next biggest pot.

When the One Hand comes along like that, it behooves you to end your session shortly after, and I did.

delta: $23,000
balance: $923,820

No comments:

Post a Comment