Monday, November 29, 2010

The seven-per-cent solution

Fans of Sherlock Holmes and of the writer Nicholas Meyer will recognize in the title of this post the title of Meyer's first novel, which starred the famous fictional detective and Sigmund Freud. In Sherlock's case, the solution was a mixture of water and cocaine; in my case, the solution is a modest goal to shoot for when playing Texas Hold'em. With a starting stack of $40K, a gain of 7% brings one's stack up to $42,800. On Friday night, I hit this mark exactly. The reason I quit at that point was that the table had quit on me, and I didn't feel motivated enough to join another one.

My biggest pot of the night was a rather modest $5,600; I had a pair of queens, and no one took me to showdown.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 26 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 5 times while in big blind (60%)
- 4 out of 4 times while in small blind (100%)
- 11 out of 17 times in other positions (64%)
- a total of 18 out of 26 (69%)
Pots won at showdown - 0 of 1 (0%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $2,800
balance: $884,138

No comments:

Post a Comment