Sunday, November 17, 2013

The sortabs runtot combo

I use a lot of home-grown utilities to help me analyze my poker results. One of them is sortabs. I use sortabs to sort the hand deltas from a single session in descending order by absolute value. Another utility I use is runtot, which calculates the running total of a set of numbers. Very often, I use the output of one utility as the input for another. One example is the sortabs runtot combo. First, I run sortabs on the hand deltas; next, I run runtot on the sortabs output. What does this tell me? Believe it or not, it tells me how well I was playing in losing sessions, relative to other losing sessions. The further down the sortabs runtot list the first negative balance hits, the better I was playing, albeit in a losing cause. Last night, I didn't hit the first negative balance until observation 22. For comparison purposes, on Thursay night, I hit the first negative balance on observation 1.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 102 hands and saw flop:
 - 14 out of 14 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 7 out of 13 times while in small blind (53%)
 - 37 out of 75 times in other positions (49%)
 - a total of 58 out of 102 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 12 (33%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-24,981
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,355,248
balance: $7,712,201

No comments:

Post a Comment