Friday, November 15, 2013

Second worst cash game beating

Due to the differing natures of tournament poker and cash game poker, I know I'll never lose as much money in a single session of cash game poker as I've lost in a single session of tournament poker. The ugly (yet strangely beautiful) truth is that I've lost over one million dollars in a single session of tournament poker. But hey, it's just (play) money, right? However, significant losses are still possible in single sessions of cash game poker. $50,000 here, $50,000 there, pretty soon it starts to add up :-) Last night, I had the second worst cash game beating of my career. I hit the felt not once, not twice, but thrice. I joined an action table with several huge stacks; that's a recipe for either feast or famine. I hit the felt the first time when my flush ran into an uberflush. I hit it the second time when my pair of jacks lost to an ace high flush. I hit it the third and final time when my two pair of kings and sevens lost to a king high flush. Even I knew enough not to reup a third time.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 37 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 4 times while in big blind (25%)
 - 1 out of 4 times while in small blind (25%)
 - 17 out of 29 times in other positions (58%)
 - a total of 19 out of 37 (51%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 4 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $-150,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,323,179
balance: $7,680,132

No comments:

Post a Comment