Saturday, November 16, 2013

Big air

In the X games, big air means lots of daylight between you and your snowboard / skateboard / skis / motorcycle / bicycle and the slope / half-pipe / hill / dirt / trail. In poker, big air means lots of daylight between what you're representing your hand to be and what it actually is. To me, big air only makes sense in tournaments; I see no reason for it in cash games. Last night, I was the beneficiary of someone who thought he'd try big air in a cash game. I'd been dealt Ad 3d, and the flop came 8c As 7d. Big air bet $3,000, and I called. The turn was 8d. Big air bet $4,000 and I called. The river was 6c. Big air checked, and I checked behind. Big air turned over 3h 6h, and I won a pot worth $30,750. I realized how unusual the hand had been, and decided to honor its oddness by calling it a night the next hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 27 hands and saw flop:
 - 0 out of 2 times while in big blind (0%)
 - 1 out of 4 times while in small blind (25%)
 - 10 out of 21 times in other positions (47%)
 - a total of 11 out of 27 (40%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $57,050
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,380,229
balance: $7,737,182

No comments:

Post a Comment