Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Getting it in good

The title of this post is an old poker expression. In a nutshell, what it means is that there's no shame in going all in and losing if your hand is a premium one. That's what happened to me on hand 51 on Saturday night. I got it in good with pocket kings. Three of us went to showdown. After the flop, I was a 51% favorite to win the hand; one of my opponents was a 29% dog, and the other was a 16% dog. There was a 4% chance that my two opponents would chop the pot. My first opponent hit a straight on the turn, and I hit the felt. I never feel bad about reupping in a situation like that; I'm secure in the knowledge that I made the correct play. Coincidentally, I played another 51 hands, and ended the night with a nice profit. That's three 51s in one session; very curious!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 102 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 15 times while in big blind (66%)
 - 13 out of 16 times while in small blind (81%)
 - 33 out of 71 times in other positions (46%)
 - a total of 56 out of 102 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 16 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $13,749
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,461,453
balance: $7,818,406

No comments:

Post a Comment