Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hijacked attention

Last night, a truly odd thing happened at the end of the session. My attention was hijacked, and so completely, I forgot I'd even been playing poker! Of course, this wouldn't have happened if the session had been engaging in any way. It was boring me to tears. Over the years, I've gravitated to focusing more and more attention on other activities than on playing poker while I'm playing. So I guess you could say an episode of hijacked attention was inevitable, but it still felt really strange. What was so engaging that it made me forget I was playing poker? The answer is a bit ironic - poker :-) I was watching a PokerStars TV video of the most recent Sunday Million final table.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 52 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 6 times while in big blind (66%)
 - 4 out of 6 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 16 out of 40 times in other positions (40%)
 - a total of 24 out of 52 (46%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 4 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-19,778
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,314,929
balance: $7,671,882

No comments:

Post a Comment