Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Swallowed up

Last night, it wasn't a question of if I was going to lose, it was how much. Those nights happen, and you have to learn to live with them. If I'd admitted to myself in time that my goal should have been to minimize my losses rather than trying to fight back to the black, I might have been able to escape with losing half my starting stack. That didn't happen, and I hit the felt on the 58th hand.

Hand 21 really did me in; I lost more chips playing it than I gained from the 7 hands I won. So you could say all my winnings were swallowed up by a single hand. I'd been dealt a pair of eights, and convinced myself that a third one was coming my way. It never did, and I lost to an opponent who'd been dealt a pair of kings. The pot was worth $36,600; I lost $14,300 on the hand.

That was my only really poorly played hand of the night. The next highest amount I lost on a hand was $2,800. When I got down into Lazarus territory, I ran into some bad luck and that was all she wrote. As you may know, I'm not down about the loss. I'm raring to go again!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 58 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 11 times while in big blind (72%)
- 8 out of 13 times while in small blind (61%)
- 29 out of 34 times in other positions (85%)
- a total of 45 out of 58 (77%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 10 (30%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-40,000
balance: $2,791,187

No comments:

Post a Comment