Thursday, December 8, 2011

Listening to the board

Sometimes, listening to the board (i.e., the community cards) can be as important as listening to your opponents. Sometimes, the board will tell you that you have the best hand. Actually, it's never the board alone; it's the board, in combination with all your past experience, which talks to you.

Last night, on the penultimate hand, I was dealt a big slick. The flop came 7c Jh 2h. The turn was the ace of diamonds; I bet $25,200, since the board told me I had the best hand. I got one caller. The river was the two of clubs, and I bet another $8,400. My opponent raised another $2,200 to go all in, and I called. My two pair of aces and deuces beat her two pair of aces and deuces, since I had the better kicker (hers was a queen).

As predicted, last night's session was a lot easier than the one before it; I hope tonight's is as easy!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 27 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
- 2 out of 5 times while in small blind (40%)
- 9 out of 18 times in other positions (50%)
- a total of 14 out of 27 (51%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 6 (83%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $50,800
balance: $2,844,137

No comments:

Post a Comment