Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dream flop

Play poker long enough, and you're going to see some memorable flops. I still remember the straight flush I flopped the night I hit $1,000,000 in play money for the first time. I also remember that the very next hand, I flopped a full house. I remember describing those back-to-back flops as Lady Luck taking my head in both of her hands, drawing me towards her, and kissing me full on the lips.

Last night, I didn't see a flop as good as either of those, but still saw what qualifies as a dream flop. I was dealt 4d 6h, and the flop came 5d 8s 7h, giving me a straight. What made this flop a dream flop was that it was a rainbow one - no suit was repeated, sharply reducing the likelihood of any opponent hitting a flush on the river. I slow played the hand, then bet $10,000 on the river. One opponent raised to go all in, another called, and I called. My straight won a pot worth $49,300, and I was done for the night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 67 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 9 times while in big blind (55%)
- 7 out of 9 times while in small blind (77%)
- 22 out of 49 times in other positions (44%)
- a total of 34 out of 67 (50%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 9 (55%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $32,800
balance: $3,054,707

No comments:

Post a Comment