Sunday, March 7, 2010

Unconscious

Friends and neighbors, I hit the 300K plateau tonight. On Oscar night, no less! To give credit where credit is due, "friends and neighbors" is a favorite locution of Stephen King. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. When I first realized he's only 11 and change years older than me, I became cognizant for the first time of what a fuckin' slacker I am! He wrote "Carrie" at an age when I was still trying to figure out what to do with my life.

Anyhow. Playing a "big boy" $100/$200 table (maximum starting stack $40,000) again tonight, I can provide only really sketchy details of what happened. The bottom line is that I played only 3 or 4 hands, but went to town on the penultimate one! I need to digress for just a moment.

When I was thirteen years old, a remarkable thing happened to me at summer camp. I'd never been much for baseball, but baseball was one of the camp games. To make a long story short, I hit a home run that year. The really memorable component of that momentous event is that I felt like I'd actually whiffed. I hit the ball so flush and pure that it felt like there was no impact at all; it was like I was just swinging through pure air. I happened to see this little pill of white vanishing into the distance, but I didn't feel in any way responsible for its remarkable flight.

That's how it was tonight on my big hand. I can't even tell you what my hole cards were -- it was that pure. I just know I hit it out of the stadium, rounded the bases, and called it a night.

delta: $14,800
balance: $302,526

No comments:

Post a Comment