Monday, March 1, 2010

Poker archeology redux

After writing this post, I'll be all caught up with my mini-backlog. Of course, I wouldn't have had a backlog if I'd just kept winning :-) It's human nature to be more interested in crowing about one's victories than about cataloging and analysing one's defeats.

Saturday night's session was longer than Friday's, and I won my share of pots; that itself was an improvement on Friday, when I didn't win a single pot. However, the end result was the same -- felt; green, unforgiving felt.

I think the maximum stack size I achieved during the session was $2,300. If I could have heeded my own oft-stated advice, I would have quit right there. Woulda coulda shoulda!

In lieu of analysis, I'll just dig once more into the session archives to highlight some memorable hands:

- dealt: Qh 9h flop: 9c 9s 9d, turn and river immaterial. The first time in my poker life I've ever flopped a quad! pot: $1,250

- dealt: 6s 4s flop: Js Ts 6d turn: 9h river: 6h my trip 6s lost to a jack high straight. pot: $2,790

- dealt: Qs Ah flop: 5h 8c Qc turn: 6c river 7d my pair of queens lost to two pair, sevens and sizes. pot: $1,320

- dealt: Qd As flop: Js 2s 7s turn: Jd river: Qs my ace high flush beat two other flushes. main pot: $1,150 Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money left to bet more, and the better of the other two flushes won a bigger side pot of $1,670

- last hand: 5d 5h flop: 9c Qc Qd turn: Tc river: Ah my two pair of queens and fives lost to a full house, aces full of queens

delta: -$2,000
balance: 283,858

No comments:

Post a Comment