Sunday, December 28, 2014

Non-paying places no object

One of the quirks of tournaments with late registration is that there's no easy way to tell how well you did when you finish out of the money. Whenever you bust, you finish one place below the number of active players at that time. If you bust really early on, before a lot of late entrants register, your finishing place can look much more respectable than it should. A better barometer for how well you did is therefore not your finishing place, but the number of hands you played. Last night, I finished in 59th place, which doesn't look too stellar, but managed to play 47 hands, which isn't that shabby. The hand that really hurt my chances was hand 19, when the flavor was Stud Hi/Lo Limit; I lost more than half my stack. I ran the numbers afterwards, and I was a 65.29% favorite after sixth street, but it wasn't meant to be. This was another one of those times I wished Stud had a no limit variant :-)

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6        47    59        0


delta: $-5,000
MTT 8-game balance: $50,140
balance: $9,545,170

No comments:

Post a Comment