Saturday, December 20, 2014

A wonderful new toy

Last night, I played two 8-game tournaments. However, for the first time ever in my PokerStars experience, they weren't 6 player sit and gos. Instead, they were multi-table tournaments. That meant that they were scheduled to start at a set time, regardless of how many people had signed up by then, and accepted late registrations for a lengthy period after the official start time. One of the really intriguing features of multi-table tournaments is that you never know when you register how big the prize pool will grow to be. Obviously, the more players that register, the bigger the prize pool gets, and consequently the bigger the prizes.

I have to say, I'm already hooked on multi-table 8-game tournaments. They're what I see myself playing for the foreseeable future. They're just so much fun, and such great value for money! The only quibble I have with the software is that in the auto-generated logs, the number of registered players at the time of one's tournament exit doesn't appear, so there's no way to know precisely how well one did unless one manually saves this number at the time of exit.

I'm going to give myself even a longer tournament leash than when I last played them. I'm prepared to lose five million play dollars (more than half of my current bankroll) playing tournaments, and will consider it money well spent for the entertainment value alone.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6        73    21        0
  4500       500           6        58    42        0


delta: $-55,000
8-game tournament balance: $361,700
balance: $9,448,430

No comments:

Post a Comment